Duke Energy makes life better for millions of people every day by providing electric and gas services in a sustainable way – affordable, reliable and clean.
We are the largest electric power holding company in the United States, supplying and delivering energy to approximately 7.3 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 57,500 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services in Ohio and Kentucky. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK.
- 150+ years of service
- 7.3 million electric customers and 500,000 gas customers
- Fortune 250 company
- $120+ billion in assets
- Traded on NYSE as DUK
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility magazine
- 57,500 megawatts of generating capacity from a diverse mix of coal, nuclear, natural gas, oil and renewable resources
- Service area covering approximately 95,000 square miles in the Southeast and Midwest
Membership Level: Business Member