Location: Aynor Town Hall
Dianne Pate, Catherine Johnson, Mrs. Goodson
- Meeting called to order at 7:33 am by President, Jeremy Johnson.
- Approved new members. Motions made by Paulette Johnson. 2nd Cheryl Collins
- Membership Spotlight for August will be Golden Town Pharmacy.
- Catherine Johnson pursuit of membership discounts was a success. We can now offer our members 10% off advertising cost for chamber members from the Horry Independent for the Aynor Harvest Hoe Down special publication as well as for any Aynor football special section. She also completed paper work for all chamber members to receive big printing discounts at Office Depot as well was online and in house supply discounts. Will distribute discount card with membership package.
August is SB Turf, September is Truman Johnson Crop insurance. Still need sponsors for the rest of the year. Anderson Brother’s Bank was unable to attend July meeting for their sponsorship and spotlight.
Jeremy to make contact with a possible sponorship/membership in return for banners and yard signs for chamber events. Sizes are as follows:
- Christmas Vinyl banner – 6’x12′ x4
- Christmas Yard Signs: 2′ x3′ x 10
- Golden Market Banner – 6’x12′ x4
- Golden Market yard Signs: 2′ x3′ x 10
- Membership Decals: 50
- Golden Town Pharmacy – July 28th. Cheryl to represent Chamber. Everything is in place including Horry independent coverage. Dianne to take pics.
- Better Bins would like a ribbon cutting during the Aynor Harvest Hoe Down. However, we feel we do not have enough man power to coordinate that event plus run our booth. Dianne to let them know.
- Will be held every first Saturday in December at 10 am. We will create generic creative to reuse each year to cut cost. No Christmas tree lighting this year. We will have a best float contest. Need price, judges and trophies. We will be charging $25 per entry. It is still free to non-profit organizations that benefit children. Horses are still allowed. Goodson Construction has donated tree that we will decorate for the park.
- Christmas Cloth Banners for 8th Avenue Poles. Cheryl or Dianne to talk to city about promoting events with pole banners down 8th Ave. We can do creative and town pay for materials.
- Possible Aynor Bluegrass Band festival of some sort.
- Possible Christmas Tour.
- Dunking Booth at Aynor Hoe Down. Will pursue if we can recruit people to dunk. Ideas: Mayor, Football coach, Penny Skipper, Will revisit next meeting
Meeting Adjourned at 8:55 am