Aynor Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting
Location: Aynor Town Hall
Present: Cheryl Collins, Nancy Inserra, Paulette Johnson
Absent: Jeremy Johnson
Tony Godsey, Dianne Pate, Sally Collins
- Meeting called to order at 9:33 am by VP-Cheryl Collins
- Paulette explained the Chamber’s membership recruitment efforts and the communication outlets we use:
- Renewal Letters and Invoices
- Website – Membership Directory, online application, event calendar, news, Membership Spotlight
- Membership package – Nancy made MOTION to approve money to reimburse Paulette from earlier this year to create membership packages. Cheryl seconded and passed.
- Chamber swag: PJ to research chamber decal and promotional items like pens for membership package and give aways.
- Membership renewal invoices were sent out.
- Paulette made a MOTION to approve paid members as of 8/29/17. Cheryl seconded and passed.
Harvest Hoe Down
- Chamber to sell bags and t-shirts for Golden Market as well as promote the chamber.
- Sally Collins to design a Aynor shirts to sell with train image on back and Aynor on the front. One color. She will also design a car window decal. Proof of artwork to be emailed to board for approval. Prices to be emailed to board for approval via email.
- Tent purchased by Dianne Pate already. Dianne to purchase banner for tent that says “Aynor Area Chamber of Commerce”.
- Paulette to create membership recruiting Point of Sale for booth. Will include application and “why join” table top tent.
- Dianne to order t-shirts. Decision was made to not sell kids shirts at this time of Aynor/Train T-shirts. Ordering L and XL for only.
Christmas Parade – First Saturday of December
- Dianne to send complete information about the Christmas Parade to Paulette. Including: updated application, event information, route and etc, Paulette will update website, Facebook and schedule emails to Chamber list.
- Paulette to call Scott Johnson about Event Insurance. Question on whether we can have horses.
- Questions about entry fee. Need to finalize.
- Everyone agreed to offer trophies or ribbons for entries in multiple categories that show the most Christmas spirit. Detailed to be ironed out later.
- Paulette sent everything she has on previous Christmas parades to Dianne, including prospect list
Board of Director Insurance
- Paulette to call Scott Johnson about Board of Director Insurance.
- Paulette to set up telephone thru GoDaddy. Number will forward to Dianne until after the Christmas Parade.
What does the Chamber Do?
- Short decision on updating the by-laws
- Chamber’s responsibility is to promote and support business in the Aynor Area
- The Town of Aynor responsibility is to bring people to town
- Town of Aynor has a $7500 budget to help Town Event Committee
- Monthly programs are on hold until after the Harvest Hoe Down. Will revisit online training programs for Facebook, Quickbooks etc.
Events – Communications
- All events to be filtered thru Paulette to communicate. When submitting events, please include all written copy and images. Once “designed” Paulette will distribute to Website, Facebook and email.
- Paulette to investigate EZ-Texting.
Meeting adjourned at 12:00 p.m.
· Minutes submitted by Secretary, Paulette Johnson